CONTROLLERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by B-Paid is controlled primarily by our head office at the address in the contacts page.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at B-Paid. We use the information to handle orders, deliver items and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, items, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our web site. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at B-Paid if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from B-Paid if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please advise us through the address on the Contact Page.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of B-Paid’s most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to log out from the top menu bar when you finish using a shared computer.
DOES B-Paid SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Agents: we occasionally employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to only the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act.
- Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that B-Paid or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of B-Paid and others: we release account and other personal information should we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of B-Paid, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Should we need to transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information and will continue to develop our web site and its safeguards as new processes and procedures become available. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log out from the top menu bar when you finish using a shared computer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit B-Paid, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at B-Paid, please send a thorough description to the address on the Contact Page and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You provide most of such information when you search or buy, review, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you search for an item, place an order through B-Paid, provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when registering with us), communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, provide and rate Reviews or employ other personal notification services. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone number, your credit card information, details of people to whom purchases have been shipped (including address and phone number), e-mail addresses and financial information.
Examples of the information we may collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Top Sellers, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), cookie number, items you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily, account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information. We may also use credit history information from credit bureaus, to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
Examples of information you can currently access easily at B-Paid include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book), payment settings when enabled on the site (including credit-card information, gift certificate and cheque balances), e-mail notification settings, recommendations (including recent item-view history, prior-order history and Favourites) and your personal profile.